Cheese balls with rhubarb chutney
50 minutes preparation and cooking time
- 1 red onion
- 1 chilli pepper
- 350 g Rhubarb
- 40 g cranberries
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 0.5 dl cranberry juice
- 0.5 dl cranberry syrup
- Salt, pepper
- 150 g Ricotta
- 225 g Lustenberger 1862, grated
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 7 tbsp. flour
- 2 eggs scrambled with 2 tbsp. milk
- 75 g bread crumbs
- Clarified butter or oil
- To make the chutney, chop the onion, chilli pepper and rhubarb stalks and sauté in some oil or butter. Add cranberries, lemon and cranberry juice, syrup and salt and pepper and simmer for 15 minutes, until the mass has thickened somewhat. The chutney can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks if filled while hot and sealed.
- For the cheese balls, grate the Lustenberger 1862 fruity-tangyand mix with ricotta cheese, 1 tablespoon flour, salt and pepper. Shape tree nut-sized balls, turn in flour, egg and bread crumbs.
- While continuously turning, fry until golden brown in a frying pan with a little oil.
Klingt sehr intressant, probier ich gerne aus.👍
Write a comment